Student Survival Guide - Class Etiquette
- Punctuality - It is expected that you will be in class on time. Of course things come up that cause you to be a few minutes late, but the professors notice if you are frequently tardy, please be courteous and professional.
- Cell Phones - Silent/Vibrate! Do not let it ring during class/exams. Phones are not permitted at your seat during exams.
- Talking during class - Please refrain in order to be respectful of your classmates and professors.
- Surfing the Internet - The professors can see you. There may only be one professor lecturing in the front of the room, but that doesn’t mean there is not another professor in the back of the room. Professors notice when students are on EMail, Facebook, YouTube, etc... during lecture - please refrain from doing so.
- Social media - Who isn't on Facebook nowadays? Future employers, current professors, clients and complete strangers may be able to see your posts. Stay aware of how you represent yourself and the school when you are updating your Facebook status during class.