Classroom Reservations for Student Events *
Student clubs and student-run events play an important role at our School. As the number of student-run events has increased, the following is a check-list to assist in the preparation for these events.
1. The Room: To check on availability and to reserve rooms, visit the Room Scheduling and Event Calendar.
2. Audio-Visual Equipment and Assistance: Please visit: https://schedule.vet.upenn.edu/BrowseFacilities.aspx
Click on the individual room to view the equipment available in that room.
3. Animal Use: All live or dead vertebrate animals or tissues from vertebrate animals used in teaching or in research at the University of Pennsylvania must be used under a protocol approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) under the direct supervision of a faculty member. This includes the use of any student-owned animals for teaching occurrences, even if the animal is only used once as a demonstration animal for a brief period of time. **Your Faculty advisor must sign the IACUC form as the Principal Investigator AND attend the event.** As a research and teaching institution, all vertebrate animal use is closely regulated by the USDA under Federal laws and regulations and is additionally regulated by the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare of the Public Health Service. To obtain permission to use your pet for a teaching event, you need to meet with Dr. Troy Hallman (email@example.com) at least 6-8 weeks prior to the event, complete paperwork, obtain your faculty advisor's signature and receive approval from the IACUC prior to the teaching event. The IACUC meets once monthly and may require revisions to your submitted protocol, thus advance application for approval is essential. Your actions will jeopardize all University funding for biomedical research if you do not comply with this requirement.
4. Contact the Facilities Office in Room 124 Rosenthal at least 72 hours prior to the event to allow for notification of our Security Guards. For special needs (set-up/clean-up) in the Rosenthal Building and Hill Pavilion, please contact the Facilities Office. For special needs in Ryan-VHUP, please contact the Hospital Director’s Office. Because all of our classrooms are used on a constant basis, we ask that you leave the area neat and clean.
5. Alcoholic Beverages: No alcoholic beverages may be SOLD at any School or Club sponsored event.