Information for Referring Vets about the Dermatology & Allergy Service
The Dermatology Service is available for consultations Monday through Friday during normal business hours. The phone number is 215-898-8861. There is not a specific dermatologist assigned to phone consultations each day, so you may leave a message for the clinician of your choice. If the consultation is regarding a case that has been seen previously by a Penn dermatologist, please include the name of the patient, the patient’s diagnosis, and your specific questions in the body of the message. Messages are checked twice daily; if you have a more urgent need, please contact the switch board at 215-898-3355 and ask to have the clinician paged. You may also fax your request to: 215-783-2010.
The Dermatology Service schedules new appointments and rechecks on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Thursdays are generally reserved for scheduled procedures, although new patient appointments can be accommodated when urgent. Although we are not a referral-only service, we do appreciate receiving a patient history, diagnostic test reports, and medication lists, which may be faxed to 215-573-1789. Clients may schedule their own appointments by contacting the appointment secretaries at 215-746-8387 or 215-898-4680.
Current Dermatology Staff:
- Daniel O. Morris, DVM, MPH, DACVD, Associate Professor and Chief of Dermatology & Allergy
- Elizabeth A. Mauldin, DVM, DACVP, DACVD, Associate Professor of Dermatology, Allergy, and Dermatopathology
- Heather Akridge, DVM, Dermatology & Allergy Resident
- Joseph Rogosky, CVT, Dermatology & Allergy Nurse
- Colleen Walters-Pinney, CVT, Dermatology & Allergy Nurse