Office of Student Affairs
Student and Curricular Affairs Staff and Structure
The official means of communication between the Offices of Student and Curricular Affairs and students is through electronic mail. PLEASE CHECK YOUR E-MAIL REGULARLY FOR NOTICES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND UPDATES. If you have your @mail.vet electronic mail forwarded to another server, PLEASE BE CERTAIN THAT THE FORWARD SERVICE IS WORKING CORRECTLY.
If you wish to contact a Student/Curricular Affairs staff member directly, please visit this page to locate phone numbers and e-mail addresses (access restricted to Veterinary School only).
For general information or questions regarding our programs, please e-mail us at: email@example.com
For general information regarding Student Financial Aid, please visit the Veterinary Student Financial Aid Web Site.
Dr. Thomas Van Winkle, Associate Dean for Education
Tammy Gantz, Curriculum Coordinator
Deb Lefferts, Associate Director of Student Affairs
Ashra Markowitz, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Financial Aid Office
Sarah Whealen, Enrollment Coordinator
Areas of Responsibility
- Curricular issues,
- Freshman orientation,
- SCAVMA teaching awards,
- White coat ceremony,
- Students with learning/psychological/physical disabilities,
- Faculty and student mentoring programs,
- On-line student bookstore,
- Rabies vaccinations and titers, and
- Veterinary Business Management Certificate Program (in conjunction with the Veterinary Business Management Association).
Student Financial Aid
- All aspects of student financial aid, including Stafford Loans, Perkins and Health Professional Loans, and Scholarships
- Student Chapter AVMA/Faculty Emergency Loans
The Office functions as a liaison between students and other areas of the University, Student Financial Services, Student Health, Student Health Insurance, University Counseling Services, Public Safety, University Learning Center, and Students with Disabilities.
The Office maintains communication among students, faculty and other areas of the University.
- Duplication and distribution of material from various sources,
- Assistance with student club activities, class activities, Veterinary Medical Student Government, FADS meetings,
- All name and address changes,
- Information technology issues concerning students,
- Day-to-day oversight of curriculum,
- Supplementary Bulletin (course catalog),
- Committee on the Academic Status of Students (CASS),
- Education Committee,
- Course, examination and classroom scheduling course enrollment, including clinical rotations,
- ADD/DROP in elective courses, and
- Independent Study and Research (ISR).