Flow Cytometry Satellite
The flow cytometry core housing our two units will be located on the third floor of the Hill Pavilion and jointly managed under the School of Medicine Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Resource Laboratory (FCCSRL).
Please visit www.med.upenn.edu/bmcrc for information on rates, all locations and training, or call the core lab at 215.898.3528. Training is required before using the facility.
The two SVM units located on the third floor of the Hill Pavilion are:
- A BD FACS Canto was recently installed: FACSCanto II Flow Cytometry System is capable of detecting 6 fluorescence colors with dual laser (488nm and 633nm) excitation. The BD FACSCanto II boasts a new fluidic and optical design, which allows for high acquisition speed and low sample carryover. Fully digital electronics make for easier multicolor compensation.
- The BD FACSCalibur is a two-laser (488nm and 635nm), four-color analog analyzer.
To further inquire about the services offered, training, and the fee structure by the FCCSRL, contact the Technical Director, Hank Pletcher, at 215.898.3528.
PennVet Imaging Core
The Penn Vet Imaging Core (PVIC) is located on the third floor of the Hill Pavillion. The core houses:
- An upright Leica DM6000 microscope based mulit-photon/cofocal spectral imaging SP5 system.
- A inverted Leica DMI4000 based Yokagawa CSUX-1 spinning disk confocal system with full environmental control.
- A new inverted DMI6000 based Leica SP5-II spectral imaging confocal microscope with a Leica integrated Picoquant Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging (FLIM) system.
- An upright Nikon E600 microscope with camera for standard wide-field immuno-fluorescence and histopathology.
These instruments and the core provide capability and support for imaging structures in fixed specimens as well as dynamic events in living cells and thick tissues. The Department of Pathobiology maintains this facility and oversees the fee structure for this service center. To inquire further about this core facility, please contact the Scientific Director, Dr. Bruce D. Freedman at 215 573-8218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The link to the new core web site is: research.vet.upenn.edu/pvic
FACILITY ONLINE SCHEDULER LINKS:
Leica MP confocal
Leica Spinning Disk confocal
Nikon E600 scope
Campus Core Facilities for Investigators
Research Investigators at Penn Vet utilize many research core facilities across campus and some may be found at www.med.upenn.edu/rpd/core_sect1.htm.