Hematology and Transfusion Laboratory
The Transfusion Medicine Laboratory performs a wide variety of hematological testing in association with the Penn Animal Blood Bank, the Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital and veterinarians around the world.
The laboratory is involved in extensive research in the fields ofimmunohematology and hemolytic anemias. In addition, we are available forconsultation in small animal hematological and transfusion medicine cases.
Routine tests offered include:
- Canine blood typing (DEA 1.1),
- Feline blood typing (AB system and Mik typing),
- Coombs testing (cats and dogs) and
- Crossmatching (cats and dogs).
Following consultation, on a per-case basis, we are also able to offer the following:
- Osmotic fragility studies,
- Platelet studies,
- Coagulation studies,
- Hemoglobin studies,
- Erythrocytic enzyme studies and
- Leukocyte and immunodeficiency studies.
Please call 215.573.6376 or see the PennGen Web site for further information, specific shipping instructions and current pricing.