[August 15, 2018; Kennett Square, Pennsylvania] – From innovative surgical imaging to advancements in laminitis research and care, hear from Penn Vet’s leading equine care experts at the 2018-2019 First Tuesday Lecture series hosted by New Bolton Center located in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.
This year’s lectures showcase a sampling of Penn Vet’s clinical experts, offering insights to a variety of advanced techniques performed at New Bolton Center including neurology care, lameness exams, colic emergencies, and surgical advancements. Attendees also have the opportunity to interact directly with New Bolton Center clinicians to have questions answered.
A free series open to the public, the lectures takes place on New Bolton Center’s campus in Alumni Hall on the first Tuesday of selected months.
The following is the schedule for the 2018-2019 academic year:
- September 11, 2018: Dr. Caitlin Moore presents "Coughs and Wheezes, Dust Diseases: An Update on Equine Asthma"
- October 2, 2018: Dr. Amy Johnson and Dr. Kate Wulster present "Integrating Innovation in Imaging: Advancements in Neurology"
- November 6, 2018: Dr. Louise Southwood present "Colic: It’s Always Time to Call the Vet"
- December 4, 2018: Dr. Michelle Linton and Dr. Jennifer Linton present "'Tails' from the NBC Maternity Ward"
- March 5, 2019: Dr. Elizabeth Davidson and Dr. Liz Arbittier present "Mythbusting the Lameness Exam: Part 2"
- April 2, 2019: Penn Vet’s Fourth Year Students present "So You’ve Always Wanted to be a Vet: A Day in the Life of a Vet Student at NBC"
- May 7, 2019: Dr. Andrew van Eps presents "Unravelling Laminitis: What We Know and Where We’re Going"
- June 4, 2018: Dr. Dean Richardson presents "Paleolithic to Picasso: Interesting Stuff About Horse Anatomy"
Due to limited seating, registration for the event is recommended. Please visit https://firsttuesdaynbc.eventbrite.com to register.
For any questions about the First Tuesday Lecture series, please contact Barbara Belt at 610-925-6500 or email@example.com.
About the First Tuesday Lecture Series
The First Tuesday Lectures are presented September through December, and March through June. During the series, faculty and clinicians at New Bolton Center share current information on topics of interest and relevance to horse owners and caregivers throughout the region. Many of the lectures highlight the advanced techniques performed by Penn Vet’s team of leading clinicians and the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities available to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.