Each year, Penn Vet welcomes several students from the Schools of Veterinary Medicine in the Caribbean.
Guidelines for Application:
- Applicants should be U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents and should rank in the top third of their class at the time of application.
- Applications for students are usually submitted by the end of the second week of the 6th term. For students from St. George's, applications are received during the 4th or 5th terms. Students are admitted only in June and January. We encourage you to start the process early.
|Letter of Application ||A letter of application that indicates your interest in completing the clinical year at Penn Vet and post-graduation career goals. |
|Curriculum Vitae ||A comprehensive summary of your academic credentials, professional background, and relevant experience. |
|Veterinary School Application Packet ||A copy of the application packet to your respective veterinary school to include undergraduate transcripts. |
|Official Transcripts || |
- Official transcripts from undergraduate colleges/universities if not included with the packet from your veterinary school.
- Official transcript from your veterinary school to include grades from your latest semester (Ross: through 5th semester)
|Letters of Reference ||At least two letters of reference from your respective faculty. |
We also require an interview and strongly encourage those invited to come to Penn for the interview. These interviews are usually scheduled during the term break:
- St. Matthew’s: Between 6th and 7th terms
- St. George’s: Final summer break between 4th and 5th terms
Completed application files are required prior to interviews. The most qualified applicants for the limited number of positions will be invited for interview. Dates and times will be arranged through the Admissions office.
Submitting Your Materials
Please forward all application materials to:
Associate Director for Admissions
University of Pennsylvania
School of Veterinary Medicine
3800 Spruce Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6044