Penn Vet considers transfer students, on an individual basis, for entry into the 2nd year only (Sept.). The availability of positions will be limited and the number of seats will not be known until approximately mid-summer. The following requirements will be in effect:
- Applicants will be required to have a minimum GPA of 3.00 without having repeated a course.
- All major course work required by first year students at Penn Vet will have to have been completed prior to matriculation. Missing material must be made up during the second academic year and must be completed prior to starting third year.
- Receipt of transcripts from all previously attended institutions, GRE scores and a letter of intent describing the reasons for wanting to transfer to Penn Vet. A copy of previous VMCAS application or copy of application to current veterinary school.
- Receipt of a letter from the Dean or Associate Dean of the home institution, indicating that the applicant is in good social and academic standing.
- Application materials should be received by April 1. For those who are finishing their first term in April, please have your transcripts sent as soon as possible. For other applicants, transcripts of previous terms should be available.
- Send all materials to: The School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Rosenthal Building - Admissions Office, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
Interviews will be required and will be held during the applicants spring break usually in April if the applicant is in an on-going program. Those applicants who have a normal summer break may choose to interview early in that period.
Curricula vary among veterinary schools. Those coming from the most similar course work will be the most likely approved for transfer.