Penn Vet will begin to consider transfer students, on an individual basis, for entry into 2nd year for the Fall of 2014. The availability of positions will be limited and the number of seats will not be known until approximately mid-summer. The following requirements will be in effect:
- Applicants will be required to have a minimum GPA of 3.00 without having repeated a course.
- All courses required by first year students at Penn Vet will have to have been completed prior to matriculation. All students will be required to complete online Pre-Matriculation Reviews available through Penn Vet and answer all inventory questions correctly to be certified eligible to start the fall semester.
- Receipt of transcripts from all previously attended institutions, GRE scores and a letter of intent describing the reasons for wanting to transfer to Penn Vet. A copy of previous VMCAS application or copy of application to current veterinary school.
- Receipt of a letter from the Dean or Associate Dean of the home institution, indicating that the applicant is in good social and academic standing.
- Send all materials to: The School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Rosenthal Building - Admissions Office, 3800 Spruce Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
Curricula vary among veterinary schools. Those coming from the most similar course work will be the most likely approved for transfer. Our new Pre-Matriculation Reviews will be extremely helpful in aiding students to gain the necessary information to matriculate.