Student clubs and organizations enrich both the academic and social aspects of life at Penn Vet immensely, from organizing special wet labs and symposium events on campus to service-learning experiences abroad to skit nights and other bonding experiences. We encourage you to participate and make the most of the abundant leadership opportunities available through such venues.
Student Clubs at Penn Vet
- Alpha Psi
- American Veterinary Dental Society
- Canine Club
- Christian Veterinary Missions
- Club for Surgical Interests
- Food Animal
- Humane Education
- Lab Animal Medicine
- Public Health
- Shelter Medicine
- Special Species
- Vet Pets
To learn more about Penn Vet student clubs and organizations, please visit the Penn Vet Student Portal.
Penn Vet SCAVMA
- Welcome to Penn Vet SCAVMA!
- Our chapter is dedicated to improving the professional, social, and global possibilities for our students. With this site we hope to expand upon those opportunities by increasing connectivity and awareness of goings on at the school and national level.
- An organization can only be as great as its members (and we are that). There are many chances to get involved with activities, events, and committees. Once you register, you can look at the Members Section to learn more about the benefits and requirements of being a SCAVMA member.
- SCAVMA members are constantly taking up the charge of leadership, and gaining great experience in demanding roles. Leaders are needed in every microcosm of our profession, from heads of a practice to government officials. As a future veterinarian you will be looked upon as decisive figure-head, and many roles in our organization both locally and nationally will give you a true foundation in this regard.
- We must always move forward, promoting our profession, and as an organization with a unified voice we can do just that through current legislative initiatives enumerated on our Government Page. Though we constantly work at bettering ourselves for our profession we must also remember to better our profession as a whole.
- Both members and non-members are welcome to participate at our events.
- As the The University of Pennsylvania Chapter of the Student AVMA it is our mission:
- To increase the quality of veterinary student life through educational, social and cultural extracurricular activities.
- To foster an atmosphere of camaraderie and professional respect among students, faculty and administrators.
- To promote a sense of community spirit, educational excellence, recognition of accomplishments and wellness of body, spirit and mind.