The Penn Vet Annual Fund is made up of thousands of unrestricted gifts from Penn Vet's loyal alumni, clients, friends, organizations, students, faculty and staff.
Last year, our generous supporters contributed $1.2 million in support of our operating costs and areas of need.
These contributions benefit Penn Vet students, patients, researchers, clinicians - all the animals and humans who benefit from having our world-renowned veterinary school and its two teaching hospitals in the region.
Gifts helped to pay for education-related costs (the gap), computer and laboratory equipment, classroom upgrades, course development, student and faculty research projects, and so much more.
How can I make a gift?
- Penn Vet makes it easy by offering a variety of ways to give. Wherever you see this icon, (Donate Now) you can access our secure giving site. You can also learn more about ways to give to Penn Vet (will take user to ‘How to Give’ content), including stock transfers and bank drafts.
Can I designate who receives my support?
- Yes! The Penn Vet Annual Fund is made up of numerous types of annual funds, including the Penn Vet Fund, support of large animals or small animals, or gifts in recognition of a favorite pet who has passed away. A single gift can be split among two or more areas. Simply indicate how the gift should be allocated when you make your contribution.
How can I increase the impact of my support through a matching gift?
- Many companies and foundations will double or even triple the value of charitable gifts made by employees and their spouses, board members, and retirees. To find out if a particular company or foundation has a matching gift program, check Penn’s Matching Gifts database (http://www.matchinggifts.com/uofpa/)
Why is it important to give every year?
- Consistent giving is the cornerstone of the Penn Vet Annual Fund's success. A regular gift can make much more of an impact than one that is given only once.
Why should I consider a multi-year pledge?
- A multi-year pledge can help you keep track of your giving, cut down on annual solicitations, and ensure that you continue to support the Annual Fund each and every fiscal year.
What's a gift club?
- Some Penn Vet donors decide to make Penn Vet a priority for their charitable dollar. In gratitude to these special individuals, Penn Vet has established a number of leadership gift clubs to recognize its top donors. Membership is renewable annually and is based on Annual Fund gifts made or facilitated by an individual and his/her spouse.