There are several ways to make a gift to Penn Vet. You can make a gift...
By making a gift with your credit card through a secure online transaction. Here are some online giving options:
Friends of Penn Vet
- The Penn Vet Fund is the most vital source of unrestricted gift revenue for the School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Private gifts to this fund are critical to the advancement of Penn Vet's mission. Supporting the Penn Vet Fund gives the Dean added flexibility that enables Penn Vet to respond quickly to unforeseen needs and new opportunities, such as to develop academic programs, support for innovative studies and the purchase of new equipment and technologies.
- Give now to the Friends of Penn Vet Fund...
Friends of Ryan Hospital
- The Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital for companion animals excels in the delivery of health care to our animal patients. It is one of the nation's best tertiary veterinary providers, offering broad-based, comprehensive clinical programs that provide veterinary students with exceptional training experiences.
Continuing nearly 125 years of veterinary hospital experience, the current building opened in Philadelphia in 1981. The Ryan Veterinary Hospital treats companion- and small-animal patients of all shapes and sizes: mammals and reptiles and birds and fish. In this teaching hospital, fourth-year students on clinical rotation frequently staff the frontlines handling patient intake, collecting case histories and conducting initial examinations under the guidance of veterinary faculty and residents.
The hospital's Emergency Service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is staffed by board-certified specialists trained in critical care. Our faculty and staff see approximately 13,000 emergency among the 31,000 patient visits each year. More than 50 percent of those cases are referrals from practitioners thoughout the country.
This work depends, in large part, on private donations, and cannot continue without this support. You can help by making a tax-deductible donation today.
- Give now to the Friends of Ryan Hospital Fund...
Friends of New Bolton Center
- The nation's largest veterinary medical center of its kind and a world-renowned treatment center for horses, New Bolton Center is the 687-acre rural campus of the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in Kennett Square, Chester County, PA.
- New Bolton Center's Hospital for Large Animals provides routine care, sophisticated diagnostics and treatment for horses and food animals.
- More than 6,000 patient visits are made annually at the hospital. In addition, about 20,000 patient visits are made annually through the William B. Boucher Field Service.
- At New Bolton Center, major breakthroughs by biomedical scientists have included in vitro fertilization in cows, development of botulinum antitoxin and total parenteral nutrition for foals and calves.
- With the continued generous support of its Friends, New Bolton Center will remain at the forefront of research concerning animal and human health problems.
- Give now to the Friends of New Bolton Center Fund...
Raker Endowed Opportunity Scholarship Fund
- Founded in 1998 by beloved faculty member and mentor, Dr. Charles Raker, the Opportunity Scholarship Program remains one of the School’s most inspiring initiatives. In addition to the financial benefits of the Program, students benefit tremendously from mentorship for the duration of their scholarship. It comes as no surprise that support from a caring mentor or sponsor can be key to a student’s success in an era when the demands on students have never been greater – both educationally and financially.
Veterinary Student Scholarship
- Gifts to the Vet Student Scholarship Fund help alleviate some of the financial debt that our students take on while training to become veterinarians, and allow the School to recruit the best and brightest students without regard for their ability to pay.
- Give now to the Veterinary Student Scholarship Fund...
Charitable Care Fund
Companion Animal Research Fund
Penn Vet Working Dog Center
The Barbaro Fund
- The Barbaro Fund supports the care of equine patients at the Widener Hospital for Large Animals at Penn Vet's New Bolton Center and the operation of the hospital.
- Give now to the Barbaro Fund...
Laminitis Research Fund
Large Animal Support Fund
By sending your check and this form, made payable to the "Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania" to:
- Office of Advancement, Alumni Relations & Communication
University of Pennsylvania
School of Veterinary Medicine
3800 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6047
- Call 215-898-1480 to give your gift or to make a pledge.
Please be sure to contact your broker to initiate the transfer.
- Firm: Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management, attention: Kristine Marrone, 610-260-8531
- DTC: 0015
- Customer Name: University of Pennsylvania TaxID: 23-1352685
- Account Number: 858-010018-019
Jean Suta, Telephone: 215-898-7254
427 Franklin Building
3451 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205
- You can start the process by choosing your gift destination on the University of Pennsylvania's online giving form.
- You can then fill out the Penn Securities Transfer Request Form (PDF), which you can then either fax or mail directly to your broker.
United Way and Penn Vet:
Any corporation in the Philadelphia area that participates in a United Way workplace campaign will have the opportunity to designate funds to Penn Vet.
Choose United Way ID number 50178 on your company-specific form.
If you are an employee of the University of Pennsylvania, you can take part in Penn's Way by visiting http://www.upenn.edu/pennsway, and search for "50178" or "University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine".