University of Pennsylvania English Springer Spaniel PRA Genetics Study
This online form is for English Springer Spaniel owners and breeders:
- To update vision and eye exam statuses of dogs whose DNA is already collected by the University of Pennsylvania PRA research group or banked at the University of Missouri.
- To add any new dogs to participate in the survey.
Please submit one form per dog. We encourage you to submit all genetically “affected” dogs you have had over the years including the dogs that have already passed.
This study is being conducted by the Miyadera Lab at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine.
Vision & Eye Exams
• OFA Normal Feb 2017, May 2018, Aug 2019
• CERF Generalized retinal atrophy, Sept 2009
• Diagnosed as PRA based on ERG, normal vision, July 2014
Known Relatives Afflicted with PRA
Additional Questions About Your Dog