Visitor Policy for Veterinarians: New Bolton Center
Visiting academicians and new graduates are welcome in clinics and classrooms on the basis of individual agreements arranged with members of the faculty, following approval by the Section Chief and the Department Chairman. Observational status only.
Visiting Residents from veterinary schools are welcome with approval by the Section Chief and the Department Chairman, but a two-week cap is instituted. Visiting Residents may participate under guidance at the discretion of the Section Chief.
- No fees will be charged for the first two weeks.
- Participatory training beyond two weeks is $200/day.
- If observatory, see Visiting Academician above.
Visiting Residents from private practice are welcome with approval of Section Chief and the Department Chairman. Whether observer or participating under guidance, the fee for private practice residents is $200/day.
- Monies will be allocated to the host Section.*
Visiting Practitioners are welcome with approval by the Section Chief and the Department Chairman. Visiting Practitioners may observe for 5 days in a clinical discipline. If a Visiting Practitioner wishes to stay longer than five working days, he/she will be subject to a fee of $100/day, commencing on the sixth working day at observational status. If any participatory training is provided, he/she will be subject to a fee of $200/day on the first working day.
- Monies will be allocated to the host Section. *
- Payment via personal check is preferred.
- If the paying visitor is not from the U.S., they are strongly encouraged to pay in cash, money order, cashier check, or check drawn on a US bank (in US dollars).
- Payment with a credit card is not acceptable.
- The payment policy should be specified to the domestic or foreign visitor before their arrival date to assure they are prepared.
Release of Responsibility
It is important that all visiting veterinarians sign a release of responsibility form and provide evidence of having medical health insurance. Proof of malpractice insurance and general liability insurance is at the discretion of the Department Chairman.
All visitors must report to the Chairman’s Office on the day of their arrival to sign in and present the necessary paperwork.
Foreign Nationals are eligible to visit provided they illustrate the appropriate active visa.
Contact Information for Requests for Visits
All requests for visits by practitioners/academicians to New Bolton Center are made through the Department Chairman's Office. Please contact Patricia Antes: