The nation's only veterinary school developed in association with a medical school, the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania offer the Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris, or VMD degree.
- Penn Vet leads in the practice of veterinary medicine in the nation and the world. We have long been recognized for our pursuit of excellence in education and training.
- We pioneered the development of veterinary clinical investigation, comparative medicine and the development of new fields, ranging from stem cell research to animal/human interactions.
- We have successfully integrated scholarship and research into all aspects of veterinary medical education, and we supply high numbers of faculty nationwide to veterinary schools and other medical institutions.
- We have made continuous and significant contributions to basic and clinical investigation and have trained large numbers of students and faculty as biomedical research scientists.
- We have led the way in curriculum development, as exemplified by our unique core/elective curriculum.
- In addition to the VMD, Penn Vet also offers the VMD-PhD and VMD-MBA.