Summer VETS Online Application
Welcome to the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's online application to the Penn Vet Summer VETS Program (Veterinary Exploration Through Science).
Please make sure to fill in all required fields. To be considered for admission to this competitive program, your application must be submitted by March 31, 2020.
Checklist of Required Documents
Please submit the following materials online:
- Summer VETS Online Application Form must be completed. Make sure to complete your essay and select the weeks you are available to attend in order of preference (do not include weeks you can't attend). The essay should include your interest in science, veterinary medicine and specific experiences that have impacted your desire to pursue the profession.
Send the following items by mail in one envelope:
- College (and High School transcripts if currently college freshman) in their original sealed envelopes (high school transcripts mailed separately if required by the specific school).
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two (2) evaluation letters in their original sealed envelopes (1 from Science Faculty or Science Academic Advisor, 1 from a Veterinarian)
- Non-refundable application fee of $40 (USD) by check or money order made payable to Trustees of University of Pennsylvania. (All fees must be in US Dollars and international applicants must use a Bank Check/Money Order in US Dollars. Returned checks will assessed a $30.00 fee on top of the application fee. Personal checks from international applicants will not be accepted.)
Send all items to: Admissions Office - Summer VETS Program, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, 3800 Spruce Street, Phildaelphia, PA 19104
NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT ALL THE MATERIALS LISTED ABOVE.
I. Contact Information
Example: University of Pennsylvania, B.S.
Please list your extracurricular activities.
Please list all of your honors and awards.
Please list all of your hobbies and interests.
Please identify and describe any specific veterinary and/or animal experience that you have gained.
Please explain why you are interested in participating in our Summer VETS program (750-1000 words). You may cut and paste your essay into this box.
VIII. Summer VETS Session Preference
Please identify your availability and week preference. Be sure to only include weeks that you are able to attend.
NOTE: Although we cannot guarantee that you will be selected for the week of your choice, we will do our best to place you in that section of Summer VETS if you are accepted.