The Penn Vet Working Dog Center offers a variety of classes open to the public.
Some of our most popular include:
- Puppy Socialization – This science based socialization and training program addresses puppy socialization to other dogs and people, introduction and exposure to novel stimuli, and more.
- Advanced Puppy - This class teaches you fun and reinforcing techniques to continue building the bond between you and your dog while building valuable skills that will help your puppy grow into a well-mannered and respectful young adult.
- Basic Obedience - This class is designed for dogs 6 months and older to learn and improve on core skills that will enhance your relationship and give you and your dog the freedom to safely enjoy the world around them.
- Agility – Learn the basics of beginning agility including a variety of jumps, weaves, and contact obstacles. Handlers and dogs will learn the work together as a team as they progress towards running a novice agility course.
- K9 First Aid – The course will focus on the assessment and stabilization of common conditions that can affect working dogs as well as important preventive measures.
- Fit to Work - Learn strengthening and conditioning exercises that are available to dog handlers to maintain an injury-free mission ready partner.
We have partnered with Capable Canine to manage and promote our classes. To get a full list of our course offerings, or to learn more about registering for one of our classes, visit http://capable-canine.com/training-classes