Boxers and English Bulldogs are at an increased risk of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC), an adult-onset inherited disease of heart muscle. Dogs with ARVC may be predisposed to abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias), collapse, heart failure, and sudden death (SD). The goal of this study is to explore options for monitoring and treating arrhythmias in dogs with ARVC.
The study will involve 6 visits to PennVet over the course of one year.
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy*
- No concurrent systemic illness
*Diagnosis of ARVC based on dog’s breed, age, and consistent Holter monitor results
- Eligible dogs receive a discount for the cardiac evaluations performed at each study visit:
- Study covers 66% of 48-hour Holter monitoring fees
- Study covers 100% of ECG monitoring fees
- Study covers 100% of electrophysiological testing and catheter ablation procedure fees
- Study covers 100% of biomarker blood test/cheek swab fees
- Clients are responsible for all other costs including physical examination, initial 48-hour Holter, echocardiogram, blood tests, and other diagnostic tests (if recommended).
- Clients are responsible for the cost of all medications, including recommended heart medications.
- Dr. Anna Gelzer
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 215-898-6439