The purpose of this study is to assess the efficacy of a novel immunotherapy, Interleukin-2, to improve the feline immune response to allergy shots. Enrolled cats will be randomized to receive the novel immunotherapy or placebo; however, all cats will receive standard-of-care allergen vaccines ("allergy shots") at no charge for 12 months. Cats will have approximately 8 visits to Penn Vet over the course of approximately 1 year.
- Healthy cats over 1 year of age
- Cats already having gone through an adequate hypoallergenic diet trial
- Cats tolerant to several veterinary visits
- Use of an investigator-approved flea preventative throughout the trial period
- Clinical diagnosis of Atopic Dermatitis
- Owners must be willing and able to administer allergy shots at home
All study visits, including intradermal allergy testing to confirm allergy and allergy shots, are covered by the study.
For more information, contact the Veterinary Clinical Investigations Center at 215-573-0302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.