The purpose of this clinical trial is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an oral medication for dogs with elbow arthritis. This investigational medication is a naturally derived supplement made from green-lipped mussel extracts that is composed of omega-3 fatty acids and other anti-inflammatory compounds, as well as cannabidiol (CBD).
If your dog qualifies for participation, he or she would be randomly assigned to one of three treatment groups – the investigational medication, CBD alone, or placebo. He or she would receive the assigned study medication for 28 days. As part of the study, there is a screening visit to determine eligibility, plus two additional visits to Penn Vet.
- Dogs with confirmed elbow arthritis
- Currently not on any pain medications
- No other significant orthopedic or neurologic issues
- Weight over 35 pounds
- Orthopedic exam, blood work, +/- radiographs (x-rays)
- All study visits and study medication at no charge
- $100 gift card at completion of the study
If you have a dog that may be eligible, please contact the VCIC at 215-573-0302 or email@example.com.