This study is a pilot dose confirmation study to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of an intra-articular (into the joint) injection of a novel therapeutic for the control of pain associated with osteoarthritis. This study will involve four clinic visits over the course of six weeks as well as two telephone visits. Dogs will be randomly assigned to receive an injection of a novel therapeutic into the most affected elbow joint; or a sham treatment (no injection). This novel therapeutic targets and deactivates the nerves responsible for pain in the elbow joint.
- Dogs at least 1 year of age weighing at least 10kg (22lbs)
- Pain primarily in one elbow joint present for at least three months
- Not currently on pain medications, or able to washout from such medications for the duration of the study.
- Additional eligibility criteria determined based on questionnaires and radiographs
- Costs of radiographs (x-rays) and routine blood work are covered by the study
- Compensation is available for time and travel
For more information:
Please contact the VCIC at 215-573-0302 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about this study.