We provide our expertise in a variety of large (canine) models of inherited retinal degeneration to assist investigators with the design and implementation of proof of concept studies, dose range finding studies, and non-clinical safety studies that support approval of clinical trials. Our group will assist with selection of optimal model(s), study design including choice of outcome measures, timelines and budgets, data collection and analysis, and drafting of reports for submission to regulatory agencies.
We have access to AAALAC accredited animal facilities that include microsurgical and advanced ocular imaging suites, and fully functional and equipped laboratories for cellular and molecular biology work.
Services We Commonly Provide:
- Study design optimization
- Administration routes (topical, subconjunctival, intracameral, intravitreal, subretinal)
- Ophthalmic examinations (incl. biomicroscopy, tonometry (IOP), indirect ophthalmoscopy)
- Digital fundus photography, confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT), OCT angiography (OCTA)
- Fluorescein angiography
- Ocular histology, immunohistochemistry
- Gene expression analysis (Western blotting, in situ hybridization, quantitative PCR)