Not every medical situation can be dealt with in-person, be that in the field or in the hospital. For these cases, the New Bolton Center offers telehealth options for both our referring veterinarians and our clients.
What is Telehealth?
It encompasses teleconsultation and telemedicine, fostering collaboration among clinicians from various institutions. It enables external experts to contribute insights and deliver customized solutions on a case-by-case basis.
Teleconsultation is a consultation between a veterinarian to a specialist.
How it works:
- The on-site veterinarian will request a consult with a specific clinical service.
- The on-site veterinarian and the tele-clinician from New Bolton Center will evaluate and consult on the case remotely, and the on-site veterinarian will maintain the responsibility of diagnosis and treatment.
- The New Bolton Center tele-clinician will send reports and monitor records as well as follow-up.
Please note that the teleconsultation service will not substitute professional courtesy and exchange of ideas, nor is it meant to be a substitute for traditional referrals. Also, be advised that a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR) cannot be established by electronic means.
Telemedicine is a consultation between a veterinarian to a client.
How it works:
- The animal owner will request a consult with New Bolton Center’s Field Service.
- The field service clinician from New Bolton Center will evaluate a case through a "virtual visit" aided by telecommunications technology.
- The New Bolton Center clinician will send reports and monitor records as well as follow-up.
All regular medical questions and referrals will be handled as usual through the clinic phone number. We continue to welcome your phone calls and emails or visits to discuss cases.
Your patients will stay under your care, while we provide another route for you to offer the best care possible.
For Emergencies: Call 610-444-5800, 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
Our Care Team
Cristobal Navas de Solis, LV, MS, PhD, DACVIM (LA)
Assistant Professor of Cardiology/Ultrasound and Internal Medicine