What to Expect
When arriving at Penn Vet’s Ryan Hospital, clients and their pets are met by veterinary students, who gather the patient’s history and conduct a thorough physical examination. Students then consult with faculty clinicians, who then provide suggestions and guidance. A medical care plan is formulated following a discussion with the client and an additional physical examination performed by the senior clinician.
Because education plays a central role with both our clients and students, the duration of our appointments are approximately one hour.
Primary Care Services
Primary Care services include:
- Preventative care appointments for all life stages
- Diagnosis and primary management of common diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor injuries
- Professional dental cleaning for patients with early periodontal disease
- Basic surgeries, including spay/neuter procedures, and minor lumps removal
- Domestic health certificates
- Placement of microchips