Diagnosing Heart Problems
The cardiology service has outstanding clinicians as well as state-of-the-art equipment.
The cardiology group specializes in assessing the significance of heart murmurs or arrhythmias detected in a pre-purchase setting, their impact on performance, and the evaluation and treatment of horses and other large animals with a wide variety of cardiac arrhythmias and diseases.
- Heart murmurs and arrhythmias are evaluated using
- Echocardiography (heart ultrasound)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Continuous 24 hour electrocardiography (Holter monitoring)
- Cardiac troponin I analysis