Dr. Kimberly Angello is conducting a clinical trial evaluating an oral medication for dogs with knee osteoarthritis following a cranial cruciate ligament (CCL) rupture and meniscal tear that have had a surgical repair with a tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO).
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a novel therapeutic on the development and progression of osteoarthritis in dogs. If your dog qualifies for participation in the study, he/she will receive the study medication daily for approximately 1 year; your dog will be randomly assigned to the study medication or a placebo. As part of the study, there are 1 screening visit plus 6 visits post-enrollment over a course of one year.
- 2 years of age or older
- Weighing at least 30.0 lbs
- Diagnosed with unilateral CCL rupture within the last 9 months and TPLO surgery performed no more than 4 months prior to enrollment
- Currently not on any pain medications
- Owner must be willing to comply with the visit schedule
- Orthopedic exam, blood work (CBC/Chemistry), x-rays and CTs
- All study visits and study medication at no charge
- Compensation for time and travel
Please contact the VCIC at 215 573-0302 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about this study.