Having an animal hospitalized can be very stressful, and we are committed to making your visit to New Bolton Center as pleasant as possible. In order to provide the best care to all hospital patients, we have created the following guidelines. The ability to visit may become limited depending on your animal’s illness, biosecurity concerns, and the availability of medical personnel.
General Guidelines for Our Visitors
Visiting Hours: Visiting hours are from 11 AM to 7 PM, Monday through Sunday.
One Visit/Day: Please notify your clinician of your intended visit 24 hours in advance. You are limited to one visit per day lasting for no more than one hour, unless previously arranged with your clinician. If you live locally, or are staying in the area, your hour can consist of multiple smaller visits totaling an hour over the course of a day.
Where to Stay: Clients are not permitted to spend the night at the hospital. Client Services at the front desk can provide a list of hotels in the Kennett Square area (a few offer discounts).
Sign In, Sign Out: All visitors must sign in and sign out at the front desk. You will be issued a visitor pass which must be worn all times during your visit. After checking in, you will be escorted to your patient’s stall; please remain in this area only. Clients are not permitted to walk through the hospital unattended.
During Your Visit
- During your visit, you must remain with your animal. Please do not sit in the stall.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking is prohibited within animal housing and handling areas. Please ask admissions for designated smoking and eating areas on campus.
- If you would like your clinician to be available during your visit, please make prior arrangements with them. We cannot guarantee clinician contact, even when previously arranged, in the event they are providing emergency care to other patients.
- The clinician overseeing your animal’s care is the only person allowed to release information. Please do not request your patient’s information from staff or students as they are not permitted to release information.
- With the exception of service animals, dogs or other pets are not allowed on the premises.
- If you have physical restrictions or challenges, please inform admissions when checking so we can assist you with your specific needs (e.g., parking).
- Children under 18 must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended. Children under 12 may be restricted from visiting certain areas of the hospital.
- We take patient confidentiality seriously! Taking photographs of other patient and/or looking through other patient records is strictly prohibited.
- If there is an emergency requiring evacuation (fire), please follow posted fire exit signs.
Clients with Outpatient Cases
Welcome to New Bolton Center. We are committed to providing the best care for your animal. During your appointment, we kindly request that you adhere to the following principles listed below to ensure that we can effectively communicate your patient’s needs in a timely and confidential manner.
- Visitor seating is available in the main lobby of the hospital.
- Visitors are welcome to stay with your animal at its designated stall. To protect client confidentiality, visitors are prohibited from entering stalls or barns of other patients.
- The DESIGNATED GRAZING AREA is adjacent to the trailer parking lot and the Scott Equine Sports Medicine building (see map below).
- Children under 18 must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
- If you leave New Bolton Center campus while your animal is receiving care, please make sure admissions has a current phone number where you can be reached.
- Except for service animals, no dogs or other pets are allowed on the premises.
- Please do not bring any animals to the front desk and reception area.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking is prohibited in in animal housing or handling areas.
- Don’t forget to use your FREE 10-ounce coffee coupon at Market Fresh Café (Located in Alumni Hall). The Café is open from Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM-3:00 PM.