The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness associated with the administration a new medication to positively impact comfort of the eye and prolong vision in horses diagnosed with unilateral or bilateral uveitis.
- Horses will be randomly assigned to receive either the study drug or conventional medication.
- Horses enrolled in this clinical trial will have three visits to New Bolton Center for blood work and ophthalmology evaluations at Day 1, Day 14 and Day 28. Owners will be required to apply medication to the eyes daily as directed.
- Older than 12 months of age.
- Diagnosis of unilateral/bilateral uveitis.
- 7-day wash out period for any medication/supplements intended to treat uveitis.
- Horse is systemically stable, as determined by the investigators.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to understand the requirements of the study and give informed consent as determined by the investigators or research assistants.
- Ability to administer eye ointment to their horse and bring their horse back to New Bolton Center for scheduled visits.
- All study medication, blood work, imaging, and study visits are covered by the study.